09/25/2017 Frost Museum Gifted to Bennington College
05/12/2017 Trees planted by Frost felled by wind
11/01/2013 Frost Stone House to Undergo Renovations
08/11/2011 Here's What I Hate About Writers' Houses
08/12/2011 Stop by woods on Robert Frost Trail
08/02/2010 Frost's trees yield pine tables, exhibit
04/18/2010 Friends of Robert Frost selling apples of 'some unforbidden variety'
08/22/2006 Frost Museum recreates orchard
08/21/2006 Frost apple orchard to return to former glory
07/21/2006 Frost scholar says poet depended on, but dismissed women
07/24/2004 Dark and deep
09/29/2002 Frost home dedicated
Search Access World News for additional articles
Robert Frost Stone House Museum Shaftsbury, VT
Robert Frost Farm Derry, NH
Frost Place Franconia, NH
Homer Noble Farm Ripton, VT
The Gulley Shaftsbury, VT
The Robert Frost Stone House was formerly referred to as the Peleg Cole Farm or the Half Stone House.
Historic Timeline of Robert Frost House Owners (1767-1911)
1769 Amaziah Martin (1772-1813) built the house. He is buried in Center Shaftsbury Cementery.
1920 Robert Frost purchases house.
1923 Robert Frost gives the stone house to his son Carol Frost and daughter-in-law Lillian LaBatt
2002 Friends of Robert Frost purchase property
2017 Friends of Robert Frost give property to Bennington College
Throughout his life, Frost continued to return to the New England countryside when the weather was good and his schedule permitted. In 1920 he bought the Peleg Cole farm in South Shaftsbury, Vermont, In December of 1923 he purchased a second farm in the area, The Gully, which he kept until after the death of his wife 10 years later In 1940 he acquired the Homer Noble Farm in Ripton, Vermont, and added other farms to it as the years passed.
Robert Frost resided Intermittently In a handsome stone house near South Shaftsbury, Vermont, between 1920 and 1928. In this house he composed most of the poems contained in New Hampshire, which won him his first Pulitzer Prize in 1924, and in West-Running Brook, published in 1923. The original contours of the house have been altered in the rear by the addition of a clerestory, and three interior walls have been removed. The building is privately owned and not open to the public.
Read full Report